Based on the title and the sub title above, I will be reviewing the anticipating sequel to Legend by Marie Lu, in which I just finished about two hours ago. And to sum it up it was AMAZING. It was amazing paired up with so many feels and emotions. It was great, really.
The synopsis of Prodigy basically includes the assassination of the new Elector of the Republic by Day and June, or the Patriots as a whole. As I was reading the first half of the book, I basically planned how the plot is going to turn out. My initial thoughts were basically pointless because the Prodigy turned into a whole different new direction with many plot twists and climaxes that I wouldn't have imagine happen.
- There were so many things happening in this book, but it goes in its own pace, in a good 300 page book. Compared to the previous book I have finished reading, The Diviners, was 600 pages of many worthless text that could have been taken out. Prodigy wasn't face paced nor slow. It went by a good speed to grasp what was happening.
- The inner conflict between the June, as well as Day was nicely done. Lu did a great job of writing each of the main character's feelings and thoughts. June with trusting the Elector and the Patriots and the Republic. Day tied up between his feelings for June and Tess.
- Marie Lu was able to capture so many emotions for the readers (at least for me it did). Especially at the end, I had those moments where I actually screamed, "Noooo!", and I had those times where I stopped for a few minutes to process what I was reading, and many times I was on the verge of crying (I only cry in sappy YA romantic novels. I'm a girl mind you). There were also times where I was like, "Ohmygoshohmygoshohmygosh!!!"
- The make out scene in the beginning of the book.The ending was so gripping and heart breaking. I was like, "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!" I really want to read the last book to the series, but unfortunately it will come out in freaking 2014!
- I liked how there were many plot twists with Razor and the Patriots and the Colonies and also the mighty awesome action like the Kaede fighter plane scene. There was also a good amount of romance that wasn't overpowering.
- Towards the end, I wondered where Thomas went. He was present in the beginning, but he sort of disappeared That really confused me.
- Tess was really agitating. She didn't come off as sweet but more as whiny.
- I did not like Baxter's personality.
- I HATE HOW THE NEXT BOOK IS COMING IN 2014!!! I can't wait.
And so, in conclusion, I loved Prodigy. It was action packed, but it also gives you the feels, and it makes you wanting more (especially the ending). I give this 5 out of 5 stars. And I hope you pick this up if you have read Legacy.