Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Ready Player One Review

I finished this book 11 at night. And it was grand.

Ready Player One

This was a fantastic book. In short, it's about an eighteen year old named Wade Watts, who competes in this  Easter Egg hunt, within this mega video game called OASIS, where the creator of the OASIS, James Halliday, left after he passed away. With a huge prize with many "gunters" participating and an evil company in play, this book is the epitome of EPIC.

I really liked the main protagonist Wade, or Parzival. I find him witty, nerdy, and just great. I also liked the other characters introduced: Aech, Art3mis, Shoto. Great character development.

I found the book to be slow in some parts, but by the last a hundred pages, it really picks up the pace. It's easy to read and the author way of describing the environment and the game and everything is well written out. Cline really lets you visually interpreted the world he creates.

The references I find too much. There was so many 80's nostalgia, it was confusing to visualize in my head (especially when I did not grew up in the 80's era).

Overall, I find this book fun and quirky. I enjoyed reading it.

I give this book 5 out of 5 stars. 

No comments:

Post a Comment