Sunday, January 11, 2015

Vango: Between Earth and Sky Book Review *No Spoilers*

Imagine a book full of adventure, mystery, history, and romance.

Yeah, it's this book.



Vango: Between Earth and Sky, the first of a series (I think), is written by Timothee de Fombelle. The historical-fiction book is about a young man (aka Vango) who finds himself first being hunted down by French policemen for a crime he did not commit. As different people try to track Vango down, he tries to find the secrets to his ambiguous past.


Cons:

  • At times, there were some slow points throughout the novel

Pros:

  • Interesting characters
  • Witty, humorous mini-plot twists 
  • True-historical figures play great roles in this book. I for one, did not know that Character A or Character B were actually real people.
  • I like how you don't know who the heck Vango is (he's mysterious), but you're rooting for him. 
  • Brilliant writing. Even though the book I read was translated into English, I thought the translation was great. I could tell the translations reflected the well-written text of the original book. 

This book is truly great and something that I have not read before. 

4.5 out of 5

No comments:

Post a Comment